Re: [linux-audio-user] Safest way to change primary soundcard

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 12:50:28 EET

Hallo,
Esa Linna hat gesagt: // Esa Linna wrote:

> I have now two soundcards in my machine:
>
> integrated VIA 686 soundcard (default) and SB Audigy 2
>
> Which is the safest and trustworthy way to change Audigy as primary
> card? Or then, "removing" the integrated card since I don't need it?
>
> I edited the file /etc/modprobe.conf by changing
> - "alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx" to "alias sound-slot-1 snd-via82xx"
> and
> - "alias sound-slot-1 snd-emu10k1" to "alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1".
>
> Didn't help, since for example alsamixer shows snd-via82xx as default.

Alsamixer started without options selects the first card in your
system. If you want to have a certain card as the first card, use the
"index" option to the card's driver module. Example:

alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
alias snd-card-1 snd-emu10k1

options snd-ice1712 index=0
options snd-emu10k1 index=1