Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: DVD-Audio authoring tool

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 21:57:14 EET

On Tuesday 15 Mar 2005 23:59, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 22:28 +0000, Dave Chapman wrote:
> > My plan is to write a simple GUI version of dvda-author (sharing the
> > same code as the command-line version) using the cross-platform
> > wxWindows toolkit - so Mac and Windows users could also use it.
>
> Using a cross platform toolkit often guarantees your app will look like
> crap on every platform. For example, here's Audacity on my system:
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/~rlrevell/audacity.png
>
> It looks horrible compared to my Gnome apps. Especially the fonts.

I don't know, perhaps it's just me. I have yet to see an antialiased font
(atleast in Linux) that I liked. What you refer to as horrible is extremely
readable in my view... (a little big though)

Ofcourse this has nothing to do with cross platform toolkits, I'd agree that
many of them are poorly integrated with the underlying systems.

Regards,
Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/