Re: [linux-audio-user] OT Spam

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 11:12:41 EEST

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 07:50, Mark Constable wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 14:52, Hans Fugal wrote:
> > I used to be careful and care about where my email address went and
> > worry about spam. Then I realized that gee whiz I'm spending more effort
> > trying to avoid spam then I would be just dealing with it. I discovered
> > Paul Graham's "A Plan for Spam" essay and ESR's wonderful bogofilter
> > program. I have flung my email address around shamelessly for over two
> > years now, and I currently have only one or two "unsure" messages that
> > are really spam to deal with per day. The rest go to a spam file that I
> > mostly ignore but go dig in when I don't get that email from ebay that
> Seeing Hans officially changed this thread to off-topic I'll
> jump in and say I also use bogofilter with the same positive
> results... once trained (took a month I guess) I now get ~zero
> spam in my Inbox, ~2 per day in my unsure folder and 20 to 30
> spams in my Trash, which automatically get purged after 3 days.

Here is another one successfully using bogofilter.
On my addresses @arnoldarts.de I get about 100-200 spam mails each day, where
bogofilter is unsure only about 2-6 a day.

Why do I get so much spam? Because I write in mailinglists (like this one)
which have public archives and because I have a homepage...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be