Re: [linux-audio-user] More Wine ing! :) and things VST...

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 03:09:00 EEST

Shayne O'Connor wrote:

>Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>

>>I couldnt remember just what you had cooking but I remember vividly
>>when we tried an Orchestral synth out for a guy here...I could not get
>>it running on my provien 20040505 jack_fst and you could on your later
>>version...
>>

>that's edirol orchestral? yeah, it works ... well, i *know* it works
>with dssi-vst, can't remember about jack_fst but probly cos most of the
>dssi ones work with fst. there's also synful orchestra (?) that works
>with one or both of them, too.
>
>i recommend you use wine20041201.
>

>>theres osme movement
>>

>say what?

I want to make sure I talk with Thac first before I announce this...

For now, theres another distro out there. It has a liveCD so you can
boot and check if you like with out committing to an install...it's very
nice! Based on MDK but with KDE 3.4. I assume you are familiar with
Thac's RPM's for MDK? Anyway, he has decided to start packaging for
this other distro as well...

MOre soon! :)
R~