Re: [linux-audio-user] Work in progress: "Big Big"

From: NiXO Beee <nixobeee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 11:02:42 EEST

Le Lundi 23 Mai 2005 20:27, Paul Winkler a écrit :
> Hiya,
>
> Just to join the fun of people posting linux-made work ...
> Here's my current work in progress, it's a demo of my two-piece band
> Tailhead, recorded and rough-mixed in Ardour.
>
> http://www.slinkp.com/~paul/bigbig_roughmix2.mp3
>
> Jeffrey Von Ragan plays drums, percussion, and sings,
> and he wrote most of the music. I play bass and guitar and wear the
> engineer hat.
>
> I'd be curious to hear what people think of the music and
> the overall mix.
>
> I don't want to bias any comments, so for now I'll hold back the
> technical details and our future plans for this track
> (there's still some work we want to do on it).

That one is very cool indeed ! Something reminiscent of Sonic Youth (guitars
for sure), some bits of Fugazi and maybe a lil taste of Morphine, all seen in
a very personal point of view.

I like that ! Not too much compression as we often hear those days...

Those drums are perfect, I wish I could clone Jeffrey. Yeah my band is in deep
need for a Jeffrey :)

Maybe the voice could be a bit more in front of the mix, but I guess you left
it behind on purpose.

Great job, live sounding as hell.

Please keep us informed ! This is good !

--
[ NiX=O Beee ]