[linux-audio-user] smart loops - what are they and how to use them?

From: Erik Steffl <steffl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 12:56:45 EEST

   I have this CD with 'smart loops', full of short music samples (just
on hit or short patterns/riffs, wav format), it says it works with
various music programs (AFAIK none of them available for linux).

   How exactly are these samples smart? I mean does it mean anything or
is it just some marketing buzzword? Which linux program can work with
them? Any sampler? Or is there anything special about them that some
programs can use?

   (there's also a company http://www.smartloops.com but they just say
they sell loops, no other info)

   TIA