Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour question

From: Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 19:05:21 EEST

On 6/9/05, October <extremecs@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I've noticed a similar problem with assigning gain
> automation. I can manipulate the gain curve and such
> but it makes no audible difference.

It took me a bit to learn this. First you click on the button that
will say "automation" in the tooltip and choose gain. This brings up
another 'track' that you draw the line in. Then you have to turn it
on by setting it to play or write or something. I choose play...write
actually alters the track itself I think, play just moves the sliders
up and down as it plays.

Hope that helps.