Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour question

From: October <extremecs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 21:48:47 EEST

--- Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 6/9/05, October <extremecs@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I've noticed a similar problem with assigning gain
> > automation. I can manipulate the gain curve and
> such
> > but it makes no audible difference.
>
> It took me a bit to learn this. First you click on
> the button that
> will say "automation" in the tooltip and choose
> gain. This brings up
> another 'track' that you draw the line in. Then you
> have to turn it
> on by setting it to play or write or something. I
> choose play...write
> actually alters the track itself I think, play just
> moves the sliders
> up and down as it plays.
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks! I'll give it another go. Suppose that's the
same situation with the panning issue?

I remember Ardour in an earlier release working quite
well in both regards. Of course it has been awhile
since I tried either automation.

Best,

Jon Hoskins

In a world without walls who needs gates or windows?

                               --unknown

Discover Yahoo!