Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour question

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 19:28:31 EEST

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 13:48, October wrote:
> --- Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > On 6/9/05, October <extremecs@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > I've noticed a similar problem with assigning gain
> > > automation. I can manipulate the gain curve and
> > such
> > > but it makes no audible difference.
> >
> > It took me a bit to learn this. First you click on
> > the button that
> > will say "automation" in the tooltip and choose
> > gain. This brings up
> > another 'track' that you draw the line in. Then you
> > have to turn it
> > on by setting it to play or write or something. I
> > choose play...write
> > actually alters the track itself I think, play just
> > moves the sliders
> > up and down as it plays.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >

> Thanks! I'll give it another go. Suppose that's the
> same situation with the panning issue?
>
> I remember Ardour in an earlier release working quite
> well in both regards. Of course it has been awhile
> since I tried either automation.

    Click on "a" in the track (Automation), click on "gain" in the
pulldown menu, in the gain track click on "off" and select "write",
press play and adjust the gain sliders, when finished press stop,
rewind, in the gain track press "off" and select "play", press play and
the gain adjustments you made will be automagically repeated ;-) Same
basic procedure with pan.

Jan