Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour question

From: Steve Fosdick <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 02:49:11 EEST

On 09/06/05 17:05:21, Noah Roberts wrote:

> It took me a bit to learn this. First you click on the button that
> will say "automation" in the tooltip and choose gain. This brings up
> another 'track' that you draw the line in. Then you have to turn it
> on by setting it to play or write or something. I choose play...write
> actually alters the track itself I think, play just moves the sliders
> up and down as it plays.

As far as I can see, write means as you play the track you can alter the
sliders and ardour records this as a change to the gain curve, whereas
play does the opposite, i.e. it applies the saved gain curve and moves
the sliders for you.

What I never did figure is what the "touch" setting did.

the other thing to check is that the track is not marked for record -
this seems to disable the slider.

Steve.