Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: What parts of Linux audio simply suck ?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 00:59:47 EEST

On Sunday 19 June 2005 20:05, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 19:20 +0200, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> > artsd because it currently on the machine I'm working with right now
> > continouisly tries to start. When I kill it, it starts again, for
> > mysterious reasons, only seconds later. Sometimes, it is even owned by
> > root, and I have to kill it as root. Even that doesnt help, it starts
> > again and again and again.
> KDE just seems to be terminally bloated due to excessive OO-ness.

Yeah, but the piece of software we are talking about (aRts) is written in
plain C...

And if you tell KDE not to start aRts even knotify respects that (since 3.3).
But if you start an aRts-application you don't have to wonder...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be