Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: What parts of Linux audio simply suck ?

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 11:16:09 EEST

> 1) Realtime - Man, having to recompile the kernel for
> having realtime support is not a trivial task for the
> average computer user. I hope that new distros will have
> this module enabled by default, or at least available.

We all would be glad if we didn't need to patch and recompile
the kernel. BUt there's hope that we get realtime
capabilities in the vanilla kernel soon. Let's stay tuned.

[...]

> 4) There are already a good number of interesting music
> apps for GNU-Linux, like Ardour, Rosegarden and Hydrogen;
> but they surely have some steps to walk yet. I wish I can
> help their development in some way.

You can. Found a bug? File a bug report shortly but precicely
describing the problem. Missing features? Write a feature
request.

One difficulty is that this needs to learn good
bugrerports/feature requests, but it's not that difficult.

Best regards

    ce