Re: [linux-audio-user] Best(saving *time* and some money) linux souncard for a laptop

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 23:46:59 EEST

> 1) What soundcard do you recommend me? For me it's not a
> problem to work a little bit more to win enough money but I
> don't want to lose my time finding and testing unstable or
> non supported drivers.

USB. Edirol devices usually work well. Or the Tascam US-122
which has an own driver in the kernel.

> Also consider that for audio work,
> most of my time I will be running M$ windows (linux audio
> isn't good enough for me)

Don't feed the trolls ;-) .

Well, still we have to struggle sometimes and I agree that
especially the sequencers still need some work, but OTOH for
the hobbyist Linux audio is surely worth the try, and
concerning quality, uhm, the audio quality is really OK.

> even if for experimental sounds
> Linux may be great.

It's also great for conventional sounds.

Best regards

    ce