Re: [linux-audio-user] Collaboration

From: Frank smith <fsmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 21:29:28 EEST

Arnold Krille wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 7/7/05, Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>>--when I was done playing with track volumes and Jamin's controls, I
>>record-enabled the new empty stereo track in Ardour, clicked the master
>>Record Mode button and then the Play button to get the tracks rolling.
>>Ardour fed it's output to Jamin, and Jamin fed its altered result back
>>to Ardour where it was recorded onto the new track.
>>

>You don't need to record the final mastered mix into a separate track
>in ardour. Just create an insert in the master-channel, feed this into
>jamin (and get it back). Then use the normal export-function of ardour
>and select the mainout channels for the finalized file...
>This will be faster(*) then normal playing time.
>
>Arnold
>
>(*) depending on your pc

Now thats a nice idea!
Having just done the opposite!!
Just getting my head round Jammin with Ardour.
It sounds quite a powerfull tool, crashed a few times on my Fervent system.

I'm mastering this song at:
www.web-links.net/ogg
and will upload the mastered version, and hopefully see if anyone
elsehas mastered it.
Cheers
Bob

--