Re: [linux-audio-user] Collaboration (was: More Homemade...)

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 23:04:41 EEST

Ardour routing, from Ardour to Jamin and back

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 06:25:19PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:

> You don't need to record the final mastered mix into a separate track
> in ardour. Just create an insert in the master-channel, feed this into
> jamin (and get it back). Then use the normal export-function of ardour
> and select the mainout channels for the finalized file...
> This will be faster(*) then normal playing time.
>
> Arnold
--- --- ---

*Thank you* Arnold for this great tip.

The richness of possibilities of data routing within and between Ardour,
Jamin, Jack and other Jack-enabled applications has seemed a little
overwhelming and confusing to me. The light is dawning slowly, however.

This page has helped me to understand the difference between a plugin,
an insert and a send:

http://ardour.org/manual/intro:concepts

-sd

To rely on religious doctrine to neatly explain everything is
like forcing onself to believe in fairy tales in order to avoid
having to face and accept the incomprehensible richness of
reality.