Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio sandbox..

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 19:34:47 EEST

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 04:40:53PM +0100, James Stone wrote:

> I may be really underestimating the complexity here, but it seems to me
> that the best way to achieve this would be to have a kind of sub-shell or
> sub-window manager sandbox just for the audio apps. You then launch the
> apps within this, and have the ability to save state ( which just
> replicates your actions within the window for a future session).

Saving state is not all simple. What to do with audio files from
a daw or in a sample editor? If there are changes not currently
saved, you have to save them on closing/saving the session.
Not that such issues can't be dealt with in a sensible way.

> So what do you all think? possible? impossible? already done?

http://lash-audio-session-handler.org/

The project is pretty much in deep freeze, even though several
developers are interested in it. There has been quite some
talk in the #lad irc channel.

---
Thorsten Wilms