Re: [linux-audio-user] Made with Linux

From: Iain Duncan <iainduncan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 07:40:37 EEST

> Another thing, bluntly put: The drums suck so very hard that they manage
> to make me cry after all. Know what I think? That drum-sequencers are
> just wrong. They do strange things to people. They did to the 80s.
>
> All the best to you, Wolfgang

The fact that you think they ruined *80's* music is an indication of
just how far drum programming has come. It's used more than ever now in
commercial music, but the programmers and sequencers have come along
enough that you don't notice that it's sequenced. I have no doubt that
with csound I could program drums that only a drummer or a professional
engineer *might* be able to tell are sequenced.

Not that in many many instaces I don't think real drummers are vastly
preferrable, but dismissing drum sequencing out of hand for all types of
music is just silly. You might as well dismiss synthesizers for not
having the same spectral richness as violins!

Iain