Re: [linux-audio-user] Mix Minus with AM-Pitchshift; a study in Linux Audio usability

From: Maarten de Boer <mdeboer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 15:41:32 EEST

R Parker wrote:
> www.iaxs.net/~rparker/legaladvice.ogg

ROFL :-)

Reminds me of a something I did some years ago with two friends using digital audio on the phone. There was this telephone number where you could have (erotic) conversations with strangers. Men had to pay, but women could call a free number. So we sampled a bunch of standard female phrases, and started calling the free number, triggering the samples with a keyboard. After a few calls we got the hang of it, added some more answers to questions that most guys asked, ("18 years old", "Amsterdam", "Blonde and blue eyes"), and same general conversation remarks ("Oh, you know...", "Really?", "Tell me more!")

It turns out that with no more than 20 samples you can keep horny men entertained for hours! :-)

maarten