[linux-audio-user] New Sound Subsystem Needed For Qt4/KDE4

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 21:28:41 EEST

Apparently aRts could be removed from KDE4 CVS HEAD RSN. As far
as I know there is no decision on an official replacement yet.
I have no say in the matter but I would like to see something
like qjackctl ported to KDE4 and usable from within kcontrol,
basically, Jack embedded into the system from the ground up.

My general question, to those who know far more than me, is
just what would be the ideal sound subsystem for KDE in 2006
seeing there is a clean slate and an opportunity to get it
right from the get go ?

--markc