Re: [linux-audio-user] missing snd-usb-audio module in Gentoo

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 22:26:35 EEST

Hi,

> I don't think theres a problem in this case with OSS
> modules. Lee sort of confirmed what I was dreading (No
> usb-audio compiled in the kernel) .

There's no problem yet, but it will as soon as you install
snd_usb_audio while the OSS-modules are still present. I had
lots of troubles with damaged sysex packages.

> I'll try and find some
> info on compiling a new kernel without interfering with the
> existing one. If it goes ok, and there are still problems,
> I'll put those 2 OSS modules in the hotplug blacklist. With
> FC1 & FC2 I had to add "Audio" & "USB-midi" to the hotplug
> blacklist to get Alsa to load up properly. Thanks for the
> reply.

As I got my Gentoo box snd_usb_audio was already there.

OTOH, I'm currently running a vanilla 2.6.10 with the RT-LSM
applied and I'm relatively happy with it.

If you plan to build your own kernel, let me know and I'll
give some hints.

Best regards

    ce