Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 22:44:44 EEST

> (yes, it makes some sense to request it on basis of getting
> recognition for GNU but that's a bit different (and definitely does
> not make it The Right Thing, at most it's 'a nice thing to do'))

I'm really surprised that there's so much discussion about this issue.

It's absolutely OK that the GNU people like to get honoured a bit more
by calling the whole thing Gnu/Linux.

But should I really call my whole (audio) system
»Linux/Gnu/Xorg/JACK/KDE/QJackctl/...« all day?

One idea was to call the whole thing something else than Linux, but
anyway now it gets called Linux and that's how it is.

Best regards

    ce