[linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour mixer plugins

From: Ben Loftis <ben@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 20:56:26 EET

Marcel,

Your description makes it sound like you are running the reverb first, then
distortion. That may be part of the problem. You probably want the
distortion before the EQ. In Ardour the mixer plugins are connected in
series, with the items at the top of the list coming "before" the lower
items.

I'd make a chain like this: eq->compressor->distortion->eq->reverb
and then start experimenting with the settings of each. Tweaking the eq's
before and after the compressor and distortion will give you lots of tones.
For example, you could boost the low end with the first eq and then reduce it
with the second EQ. You'll want to try several different distortions to see
how they react with the EQ.

-Ben