Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems starting JACK...

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 18:53:59 EET

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 17:33 +0100, Carlos Pino wrote:
> Yeah,you are right .I complied jackd as you say and the "cannot write
> to jackstart sync pipe 4 (Bad file descriptor)" message doesn't
> appears anymore.Now the problem is with ardour,that doesn't want to
> start after thhis compilation.
> Here is the output :

my guess is that you have just committed the cardinal sin of setting up
your system so that there are two versions of JACK installed. you
started one, and ardour is trying to start the other. i wish we could
detect this situation and report it more accurately, but we don't know
how to right now. you should never ever have more than 1 JACK install on
a machine unless you are confident that you know everything there is to
know about JACK, and perhaps not even then.

when you recompiled JACK, did you remove the old version first? what
--prefix= argument did you give configure?

--p