Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour and Linux

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 19:12:57 EET

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 16:30 +0100, Florence Berbain wrote:
> Sampo Savolainen wrote:
>
> >If you are a linux newbie and your primary goal is to get Linux audio
> >working smoothly, you should go for Fedore Core 3 + Planet CCRMA
> >(http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/)
> >

> What about DeMuDi? Would that be a good choice? (I'm not a linux newbie,
> but I'm a sound newbie).

As DeMuDi is made for audio work it's safe to say that it would be
better suited for audio than Ubuntu.

I'd suggest CCRMA over any debian for total newbies, but if you aren't a
linux newbie, DeMuDi could work well. One warning about DeMuDi though.
It isn't _just_ another repository, it installs software which modifies
the general behaviour of Debian.

This being said. CCRMA affects the behaviour of Fedora also.

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>