[linux-audio-user] Hello

From: Brian Hennessey <brianjhennessey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 15:56:59 EET

Hello all - first post here.

I trying to move to Linux after years with Cakewalk/Cubase/etc.
I have been recently inspired to get into csound, using Rosegarden
or seq24 to drive it.

First. Thanks to Emmanuel. The page is a great resource.
I had been using Demudi, but the error the loading snd-virmidi module
made me look for alternatives. So now I am using Debian testing.

I have followed the directions on the Emmanual's page (compiled kernel,
realtime-lsm module, etc) but, but when I try to configure jack:

#./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-posix-shm
--with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs

I get:

Build support for ALSA.........false
(or something similar, I am at work now)

#cat /proc/asound/cards
returns info about my card, and I am fairly sure I have alsa
set up correctly.(alsamixer and aconnect seem to work fine)

any ideas why jack configure is not detecting ALSA? where is it
looking?
(i have /usr/src/linux linked to /usr/src/linux-2.6.14.2 and config
file
is there). I have booted to the new 2.6.14.2 kernel.

Any help is appreciated.

-Brian Hennessey

http://farechase.yahoo.com