Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello

From: Lars Luthman <larsl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 16:14:44 EET

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 05:56 -0800, Brian Hennessey wrote:
> I had been using Demudi, but the error the loading snd-virmidi module
> made me look for alternatives. So now I am using Debian testing.
>
> I have followed the directions on the Emmanual's page (compiled kernel,
> realtime-lsm module, etc) but, but when I try to configure jack:
>
> #./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-posix-shm
> --with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs
>
> I get:
>
> Build support for ALSA.........false
> (or something similar, I am at work now)
>
> #cat /proc/asound/cards
> returns info about my card, and I am fairly sure I have alsa
> set up correctly.(alsamixer and aconnect seem to work fine)

I am not a Debian person, but I would guess that they have different
packages for the shared libraries (which are needed for other ALSA-using
programs to work) and the header files (which are needed to actually
build programs that use ALSA). The development package could be named
something like alsa-dev or libasound-dev.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php