Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello

From: Pete Leigh <pete.leigh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 17:07:41 EET

On 14/11/05, Brian Hennessey <brianjhennessey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> any ideas why jack configure is not detecting ALSA? where is it
> looking?

In the configure file I've got for jack 0.100, it uses pkg-config to
detect alsa settings. That will look for a file called alsa.pc
somewhere like /usr/lib/pkgconfig/alsa.pc

You may have it in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, in which case
do

   export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

before running ./configure in the jack directory (or
do similarly for other locations)

If you don't have alsa.pc anywhere, it usually comes
with the alsa-lib package - I don't know much about
debian, I'm afraid.. :)

You can test that pkg-config is finding alsa.pc by
running something like

   pkg-config --libs alsa

If that works, jack's configure should find it, I think.