Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA issues - SOLVED

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 22:00:44 EET

Hi all,

> The "options snd-xxx index=..." lines look OK.
>
> Please check in /sys/module/snd-xxx/parameters/index that the options
> actually got applied.

I'm very sorry for the traffic I caused, I found the problem, and I
caused it for myself, so be warned.

On Gentoo I edited /etc/modules.d/alsa which gets emerged
to /etc/modules.conf by modules-update (normally during boot time).

BIG problem: I kept several backup files in /etc/modules.d/ like
alsa.old, alsa.old.zip, but even Gentoo put some files there during
updates, maybe ._.alsa and the like.

Now the simple but heavy problem: modules-update is *very* greedy and
includes *any* file it finds in /etc/modules.d/ into /etc/modules.conf,
*even* if it was a binary zip file ;-))) .

I removed all the unnecessary files and now the card ordering works
*very* well, even when repetingly calling

/etc/init.d/alsasound restart && cat /proc/asound/cards

Thanks for the help, Clemens, you made my day!

Best regards

    ce