Re: [linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25: Any issues?

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 22:01:41 EET

> There is, just ignore all this and use the realtime LSM until the
> distros get it sorted out.  It's insane to expect normal users to
> modify /etc/security/limits.conf and understand PAM.

OK, I have the RT-LSM installed, but I'd like to improve the latency of
my system. Any hints where to start tweaking the system?

Unfortunately, the patches of ingo produce a kernel which doesn't boot
on my machine, regardless that I codpied the .config from the vanilla
2.6.14.2.

I thought it needs tweaking PAM, but as I understand you correctly, PAM
only deals with permissions which I already achieved via RT-LSM.

I set
HZ_1000 [=y]
and
(X) Preemptible Kernel (Low-Latency Desktop)

in my kernel config, but I "only" get latencies around 16 msecs and
still some glitches from time to time.

Are there further tricks on a standard kernel I could try to improve
latency?

Thanks & best regards

    ce