Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] jack_capture v0.0.1

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 11:09:23 EET

On Fri, 25 Nov, 2005 at 12:34AM -0800, Kjetil S. Matheussen spake thus:

> http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/

I normally use timemachine for recording like this - how does this
differ?

Oh, and the one thing that timemachine always annoys me with is it's
aparrent inability to write files that can be read by anything except
audacity. Does this do better?

Thanks for the software,

James

> ABOUT
> jack_capture is a small simple program to capture whatever
> sound is going out to your speakers into a file.
>
> This is the program I always wanted to have for jack, but no
> one made. So here it is.
>

> USAGE
> jack_capture [-f filename] [ -b bitdepth ] [-c channels] [ -B bufsize ]
>
> Filename is by default auotogenerated to something like
> "jack_capture_<date+exact_time>.wav"
> Bitdepth is by default FLOAT.
> Channels is by default 2.
> Bufsize is by default 262144.
>

> ACKNOWLEDGMENT
> Mostly based on the jackrec program in the jack distribution
> made by Paul Davies and Jack O'Quin. Automatic filename generation
> code taken from the timemachine program by Steve Harries.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)