Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get good vocal sound

From: Ross Vandegrift <ross@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 03:58:46 EET

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 03:23:03AM +0100, Esben Stien wrote:
> This is not the way I understand it. The membrane and it's mounting
> are fragile in such a manner that too high a volume, or in the
> extreme, beat-boxing, loud drumming or dropping in on the floor, might
> brake the mic beyond repair (static mics are most often damaged by
> accidentally being dropped on the floor).

I definitely believe that dropping them would damage them. Not many
mics besides an SM57 I'd willingly drop and expect to have them
working ::-)

But I'll vouch that many condensors are plenty tough with loud stuff!
Mine have been through lots of drum tracking, plenty of it clipping!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@email-addr-hidden