Re: [linux-audio-user] Next question re midi

From: M P Smoak <smoak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 04:19:43 EET

On Thursday 12 January 2006 20:49, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 20:32, M P Smoak wrote:

> >> You have to load a soundfont using "asfxload".

> >> That's not how ALSA MIDI works, you can't just cat a .mid
> >> file to a device node. Use aplaymidi.
> >>
> >> Lee
> >
> >Speaking of aplaymidi, how do I pause a playback, back it up
> > or just stop it, once it's playing. man aplaymidi tells me
> > nothing.
>
> If you have kde, try kmid, it works for all that.

No joy:

kmid /home/marv/Marv/enchanted-island.mid
KMid 2.0 Copyright (C) 1997,98,99,2000,01 Antonio Larrosa
Jimenez. Malaga (Spain)
KMid comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details view file
COPYING
under certain conditions
Sorry, this KMid version was compiled without
ALSA support but you're using ALSA .
Please compile KMid for yourself or tell the people
at your Linux distribution to compile it themselves
Player :: There are no midi ports !

I'm running planetccrma/rh9.