Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Totally OT

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 11:56:48 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Hallo,
>Maluvia hat gesagt: // Maluvia wrote:
>

>>>We can, however, put a nice frame around our art. If we are artists we
>>>will know if it hurts our art or not and we can easily find out which
>>>type of frame that will be perceived as 'honorable'. Personally, I find
>>>there is a great depth of that kind of art available in the commercial
>>>music field. They sure know how to frame things.
>>>

>>Absolutely! Images sell!
>>

>I can only recommend to get a real designer or artist to do covers,
>websites etc. Don't let a pure PHP-coder near the design of your
>website and don't let a pure musician do the print cover of a CD.
>
>There are people who studied long how to do this much better. Never
>believe, that just because you know beauty if you see it you would be
>able to create a good design yourself. It takes much more than that,
>just as making music takes much more than being able to recognize a
>melody.
>
>Ciao

Frank, I totally disagree with you on this!!!!! :-)

I can't believe you wrote this words. :-)

Seriously, if you're right, then your music (like mine) should stink
since you're also a coder and you can't do both things as good as
somebody who is just a musician or a developer.

My friends you're talking about marketing here. And marketing is crucial
in our society to sell products. Art should not be a product. How can I
believe your music is sincere if you communicate with a website full of
marketing tricks?

BTW, I've made my own album covers.

c.

--