[linux-audio-user] Line6 POD util? WAS: Anybody compiled Free V-Amp?

From: Dana Olson <dana@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 07:11:09 EET

Sean's email reminded me to ask if anyone knows of any Linux utilities
to use with a Line6 POD or POD 2.0 for manipulating, saving, and

The pre-XT PODs don't have USB ports and the software available from
Line6 is Java-based, but only for Mac and Windows.

I have never reverse-engineered a file format before, and I wouldn't
even know where to start, but there are lots of files available to
download for the Line6 gear, and it would be nice to be able to use
them. I'm not willing to install Windows to deal with it.

Even if there was an app to just modify and load and save presets for
just Linux users, it wouldn't have to inter-operate with existing
files to be useful. You only have so many hardware preset slots to
use, and remembering the settings is impossible.

So, does anyone know if such a beast exists, or if anyone is working on one?

Dana