Re: [linux-audio-user] Line6 POD util? WAS: Anybody compiled Free V-Amp?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 19:58:32 EET

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 12:25 +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > Why exactly do we need two apps to do the same thing?
>
> the old question I was wondering about more than one times. Why Kat as
> there is Beagle? Why KDE as there is Gnome? Why ALSA as there's OSS?
> Why Gentoo as there's Debian? Why Linux as there's Wintoys ;-) ?

These are all due to license issues, or to fundamentally incompatible
design goals (At Debian stablity is paramount, with Gentoo it's more
important to be on the bleeding edge).

To paraphrase ESR, creative minds are a valuable and limited resource,
it's a sin to waste them reinventing the wheel.

Lee