Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: POLL: Marketing Free Music

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 17:50:36 EET

> >anyone had a look to http://www.jamendo.com ?
> >***
> >Philippe

I have.

> Looks very promising!
> It looks like they already have that infrastructure
> set up?
> I'd never heard of that site - thanks for the link!
> Looks like they're using the 'tags' idea already.

>From their page titled, Our rules;
http://www.jamendo.com/us/static/engagements/
"We are committed to exclude all "explicit" content
(sex, racism, …) both in the music and in the
advertisements."

A predominant theme behind this conversation has been
Freedom. Yes or no? The statement from the Jamendo
rules is not something that anyone who values freedom
would ever enforce upon anyone. Unless that person is
just to ignorant or naive to get it. To the defense of
the Jamendo organizers maybe they are just dumbasses
and not nazi's, fascists or fucking pigs of whatever
flavor is in favor. And that's about the best defense
they deserve.

There is no integrity in censorship. The Jamendo crew
can kiss my American ass.

ron