[linux-audio-user] Re: Marketing Free Music

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 20:30:51 EET

I would these requirements:
 -One place (with mirrors) to download the songs.
 -Easy download of huge number of songs.
 -No limitations on the download amounts.
 -No registration required.
 -No any closed-source upload/download software.
 -The downloaded songs can be copied to other free songs places.

Many services rely on individual downloads and, worse, on registrations.
These services have thousands of files which must be downloaded
individually with a few button clicks each. If I wish to have
a complete collection (and why wouldn't I), I certainly would break
my mouse hand.

Downloading 1000 songs with "wget -r" and playing the songs with
"ogg123 *" saves much of the selection trouble as well.

If musician choose to place their songs available at their own
webpages, then the license should allow us to copy the songs to
the free songs places.

  for developers of open source graphics software