[linux-audio-user] Free Music Factory

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 20:30:55 EET

I have this idea:

We could have an organized community where volunteer musicians
make music similar to the top commercial songs. When the idea
works, one may get top pop music for free.

 -*-

Making similar music purposedly is nothing new. Many top
commercial songs generate a row of similar commercial songs
which then end up to the top as well.

We need this kind of alternative way of making free music.
For example, the recent free music CD announced here at LAU
simply sucks. I don't know why.

 -*-

As how to organize the Free Music Factory, we need volunteers:
singers, lyrics authors, musicians of different styles, etc.
We also need volunteers who know technical details: effects,
cool synth sounds etc. The commercial songs need to be musically
analysed as well.

Juhana