Re: [linux-audio-user] mac mini

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 03:11:31 EET

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 01:28 +0100, Sunnan wrote:
> The iMic, including recording, works with other programs, i.e. esd (if
> called as plughw:1) and with programs using the oss-emulation in alsa.
> Jackd is working fine on the other soundcard, but I want it on the imic
> (so I can record).

when you get it working with another program, make sure you are playing
a long file and then while that is happening cat the contents of

/proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/hwparams
/proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/swparams
/proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/status
/proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/info

substitute ID with the name of the second device (as shown
in /proc/asound/cards).

post the results here. this will reveal whatever configuration details
are working for those other programs, but are not working via jackd.

--p