Re: [linux-audio-user] Free Music Factory

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 03:14:58 EET

On Wed March 15 2006 19:53, Tim Howard wrote:
> If the musician with the "vision" were in control of what was
> put into the mix, I think it could function as a sort of a CVS
> system, with one or two artists coordinating the efforts of
> many musicians! Then there could be beta releases, etc,

This is exactly the idea I had about a year ago. At the time I
thought I could do it via the web, but now I think I'd need some
kind of client program with bittorrent to help out with sharing
the individual tracks throughout the whole project.

And each such project could have its own "music CVS" repository,
and people who wanted to "fork" a song could take it over there.
A "music CVS" repository could be the equivalent of a "band" in
this model for creating music.

Rob