Re: [linux-audio-user] "Multimedia Ubuntu"

From: Matt Henley <nwmatt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 23:52:18 EET

Hmmm. That was not my experience. I am not using ubuntu though. I
am using gentoo. I installed a stock 2.6.15 kernel and patched with
Ingo's patch. Rebuilt the kernel installed the nvidia modules. Then
I did a compile of the vmware modules via its configure script. It
complained about a missing spinlock and died. Will try it again over
the weekend with that in mind however.

I havnt seen any instability in the system. It has not degraded my
performance. However, I am not running the system as a server either.