[linux-audio-user] Using > 1 audio device

From: david golightly <davigoli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 23:10:02 EET

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this seems like a bit of a daft question, but I'm happily
running Ubuntu 2.6.15-4rt, alsa, jack etc. on my Acer Aspire laptop,
and have had success using either the built-in laptop sound card or a
USB-audio device (in my case Griffin iMic), either will work fine, but
my question is, is there some way, using Alsa/Jack, to use both at the
same time? As far as I can tell, having read through the docs on alsa
& jack, it's either/or, but I'm sure I'm not the first to try this...
having 2 separate stereo audio outs would be phenomenal, if it works!

Thanks in advance,

David