Re: [linux-audio-user] Progress

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 12:12:40 EEST

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 01:22:49AM +0100, Folderol wrote:

> Awakening The Avenger has a drum track, although I really am not very
> happy with it. Some of the instruments have also been re-balanced
> slightly.

I realy dig Awakening the Avenger, except for the drums, which
sound like you have to learn/practice drum programming a lot ;)

I'm vaguely reminded of the Alan Parson Projects "Hyper Gamma Spaces"
and "Lucifer", but that might be because I have been listening to them
frequently these days ;)

First, this GM drumkit is no good. You need sounds with some depth and
style. One of Hydrogen's kits should do, if your hardware hasn't something
better to offer.

Then you need breaks and fills in places, ghostnotes (barely hearable
hits inbetween) ... think of how a real drummer keeps being busy.
>From "traditional" drumming over big beat to breakbeats I could imagine
everything, though.

Cheers,
Thorsten Wilms