Re: [linux-audio-user] Live CD's you can dock

From: Esa Linna <esa.linna@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 22:42:41 EEST

>> Any tips - what files should I copy ?
>>

> The ones I have seen come with a program to do the hard disk
> installation for you. I don't remember what it's called though.

I am not talking about program that installs it in the hard disk. Docking:

"Dyne:bolic solves the problem of istallation in a very simple way:
there is no installation! you simply copy a directory and this is called
"docking".
In dyne:bolic this only consists of copying one directory from the CD to
the harddisk, you don't need to change anything of your partition, just
copy a directory in it: drag the dyne/ folder from the CD on the icon of
your harddisk, that's it!
And of course, when you want to uninstall the dock is as easy: just
delete the /dyne directory in your harddisk!"

http://dynebolic.org/manual/dynebolic-x140.en.html
http://lab.dyne.org/Docking

This is extremely handy, and I am a little paranoid with hard disk
install programs since I don't want to back up my data too often...

--
http://www.emvg.net/esa