[linux-audio-user] Recording Level using Audacity and a Multiface card

From: D. Sen <dsen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 14:27:42 EEST

Just wondering if I am doing things right. Trying to record a 94 dB SPL
sinusoid using a B&K microphone connected into the analogue input of an
RME multiface card, I see levels at about -37 dB. This is when the
hdspmixer is set such the recording level is the most sensitive.

Is this about right? This means that I can potentially record very high
levels but I am worried about missing out the lower levels.

DS