Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: need a mixer

From: Rob Fell <rob@email-addr-hidden-egg.org>
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 23:16:44 EEST

Josh Lawrence wrote:
> I'm using a Delta 44, but I'm thinking about replacing it since it has
> no XLR ins for mics. Maybe an Edirol UA-1000 or UA-25 and a headphone
> amp (as mentioned before).

When I bought an interface I chose the Delta1010 because of it's
balanced I/O - leaving me free to upgrade my mic-pre's whenever I like.

RE the bigger picture;

A small 'fix' to my mixer (documented in it's manual) allowed the 4 mic
pre's to be assigned to independent outs, thus leaving the
tape-monitor/output section free for headphone amp duties (I also added
external switching to route the playback/monitor to hifi, monitor or
none - independent of the headphone).

Add to this the Envy chipset's zero-latency monitor, and I have the
choice of low-latency 'wet' monitor, or higher latency 'dry' monitor.

I don't know your equipment, but this may be a useful setup for you
(single headphone of course).

HTH
Rob