Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: need a mixer

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 23:19:33 EEST

Josh Lawrence wrote:
> On 5/16/06, Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> I use Ardour and a Delta1010 (with some outboard DSP gear and mike
>> pre-amps). With the Delta1010 and a pair of monitors and a headphone
>> amp, I find an outboard mixer superfluous. What are you using for your
>> audio interface?
>>
>> -- Brett
>
> I'm using a Delta 44, but I'm thinking about replacing it since it has
> no XLR ins for mics. Maybe an Edirol UA-1000 or UA-25 and a headphone
> amp (as mentioned before).

Are the ins balanced (TRS 1/4)? You should be able to use XLR->TRS for
the inputs (might need a pre-amp also, don't know if the 44 has 'em
built in).

A headphone amp is a good idea -- and since the Delta cards have that
zero-latency hardware monitoring, you should be set. On my setup, I use
one pair of outs for the monitors and one pair for the headphone amp.

-- Brett

--
Brett McCoy: Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.alhazred.com