[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: need a mixer

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 04:31:49 EEST

> No problem, final mixes are always done using just Ardour, and I
> have no intention to buy a 40 input external mixer...
>
> But the one I do have is very useful, for the reasons I gave
> in the previous post - flexible routing and monitoring while
recording. Also for simple but
> practical things like talkback.
>
> And in many cases I do mix 'live' and just record the stereo result.
For some types of music
> that's the natural way to do things - you don't want to fiddle with it
afterwards.

Fons,

To respond to your original question, I believe that the behringer 1204
(not 1202) has the same "alt out" buttons as the mackie that you had.
Another alternative is the yamaha mg12/4 - basically the same routing
options as the mackie and the behringer. Both these come in a "fx"
version that I've found useful for, say, adding a bit of reverb when
monitoring but sending a dry signal to the pc for recording.

Cheers,

Stuart