[linux-audio-user] Not sure of right app to relay an audio stream -- icecast?

From: <mrmoo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 02:40:08 EEST

What I would like to do with a home network (of only two machines) is
to relay mp3 audio stream from one box to another (in another room, of
course). How would this be done, or what kind of network model best
accomplishes this? Is it possible to have only the box with the cable
modem (linux box runs dhclient, of course) connected to the Internet,
and "pipe" the data stream to the other box?
Is this what the existing mp3 streaming server apps do, (gnump3d or
icecast) or do they only stream static mp3 files?

Please point me to the relevant docs & apps-- I'm bewildered by it all.

Thanks,
Mark