Re: [linux-audio-user] My two best songs so far

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 13:14:43 EEST

John Anderson wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> I like thirty. It has a nice airy flow and clean sound. It reminds me
>> of a soundtrack the Coen Brothers would use.
>
> Thanks. Now all I have to do is somehow convince the Coen Brothers to
> actually use it :-)
>
> If you don't mind me asking - what did you dislike about firelightless?
> Be honest now...

Hi John,

Well you asked for it... :)

--
- The violin comes in very sharp on the very first second of the song.
- Then there are certain pitches that the singer sounds quite flat on.
Particularly the highest notes. Otherwise her voice is well fitted to
the over feeling of the song.
- There are a couple of points where the timing is lost in the center of
the track.
++
- I like how the bass comes in nice and strong and the violin motif is
enjoyable to listen to.
- I like the whispering voices part.
- The song finishes quite strongly apart from the off notes by the singer.
Cheers.
--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com